Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm hooked!

I love my blog already. I guess it's quite challenging to assemble your thoughts and express them clearly and precisely. I've come to the realization that blogging and talking to someone are two different things. I can definitely see what a writer's block can be like.

Since I don't really have anything specific to ramble about, I've decided to make a note of the philosophy that I live by (not entirely true). I might want to revisit this in the future. Maybe this will be something that I would want to program into the robots when they can pass for humans. Wait, we have that already... its called the Governor of California.

1. Simplicity is the key to success.
2. Be unattached. Would it matter if it's a golden shackle when it is holding you down? (will have to write another blog on Buddhism)
3. Change is a part of life; be prepared to roll with the punches.
4. Do not make any decisions when you are TOO emotional - be it angry, sad or happy for that matter.
5. Pay attention to detail and appreciate the simple things in life.
6. Live up to your own expectations.
7. Respect and Love your family and friends. They're priceless. (I need to work on this)
8. Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash (Pun intended).
9. Too much of heaven can bring you under-ground.
10. Money can only buy you so much.

I would definitely love to elaborate on a couple of these items in the near future. They are not arranged in any particular order. If you guys have some spare time, it would be interesting to see how you would order them.

I think I've rambled enough about philosophy. The next thing to do would be to put together a collection of quotable quotes. I always used to make a note of the good ones from Reader's Digest back in the day. Action item for some other time. Until then...

-Kal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, welllllllll..if it isn't Kal the "Conk"erer!! :-) Now, let me be honest..you're the last dude on earth that I expected to actually take time off and Blog! But I gotta admit, very nicely done bro! Great insights. Congratulations on the new hobby and looking forward to many more surprises in the future!