Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A little bit of Hi(s)tory

I've always wanted maintain a journal of my thoughts just so I can look back and have a good laugh but its been quite a challenge for one reason or the other.

As a kid in middle school, I maintained a journal and wrote down pretty much anything and everything that I could think of. Holding hands with a girl from school was a big deal then and it had to go down in the journal right?! Yes! it went down and took me down as well. My older brother and my cousin were such pranksters. The journal was with the girl from school the next day. Good times! So that put an end to part1.

Once I was in college, I used to play almost 6-8 hours of sports on a... (take a guess)... ummm... no... not on a weekly basis... on a daily basis. As a result, I didn't even have time to take notes in class, forget blogging. Those were definitely the golden days! No part 2.

After college, it was time to decide what I wanted to do with my life... so I made a decision... to go with the flow. There were on an average 60 students in the Chem. Engg program at my school of which almost 45 of them went to the U.S to pursue Masters. So, when I was in grad school, I had no time to blog and it was kinda gay (or nerdy) to maintain a journal... (before the days of google). No part 3 either.

Now that I am out of school and most of my friends are married, I find myself with all this free time (especially in the winters). There used to be days when my friends and I would get together and talk about a whole lot of things (or was it a whole lot of nothing?) all night. Not that the conversation was enlightening or anything but I just miss it.

Sometimes I feel like going back to school so I can meet some interesting people (maybe part-time). It is hard to make friends at work when you work for a corporation. No! I don't want to hear about your pet-dander! That's just the tip of the ice-berg. Don't get me started :)

So, in an effort to reach out to some cool peoples in the world, I've decided to be a little dramatiKal.

- Kal

No comments: